Till date we are just celebrating 14 February as valentine by, gifting loads of chocolates, bunch of flowers, proposing our loved one with a platinum ring or simply confessing your inner feelings by saying I love you.
But you will be amazed, when you will get to know that a single lover’s day can have so many things running at backstage and various historical moments excluding the story of St Valentine.
Below are some unknown fats of the valentine day.
- It was believed as a bad luck to sign Valentine’s card in Victorian period.
- Based on the survey and data from the retail industry, 3% of pet owners gift the pets on this day.
- Valentine period holds the record of second largest seasonal card-sending time in the whole year, approximately 1 Billion Valentine cards are exchanged per year.
- Girls from medieval period followed a belief that by eating bizarre food on Valentine day will bring their future husband in their dreams.
- The day was officially declared as holiday by England’s King Henry VII in 1537.
- In late 1800, Richard Cadbury manufactured its first chocolate box especially for Valentine’s Day.
- It is estimated that about 35 Million chocolate boxes that are heart shaped will be sold.
- It has been observed that over 50% of Valentine’s greeting cards are prior purchased, majorly six days early.
- 220,000 is the standard number of wedding proposal on Valentine’s Day each year.
So guys enjoy the love giving day and open up heart to express your feelings.