If you are considering a new diet program, Nutrisystem may be among the popular options that you want to think about. It is important to gather pertinent information about any diet before investing in it. Checking aspects such as the program details, reviews and costs will give you insight into whether or not you can remain on the diet and yield the desired results. Making comparisons between different diets will make it easier for you to make a decision regarding the program that is most suitable for you.
How the Program works
Nutrisystem consists of various programs that can accommodate different dieters and various budgets. Programs are distinguished for men and women along with options for people with type 2 diabetes and vegetarians. Each plan gives you the opportunity to select your own meals. You also have the option of having your meals chosen for you.
The program recommends starting with the pack that provides meal selections for dieters. Plans typically begin with meals that are aimed at jumpstarting your weight loss efforts within the first week of the diet program. You can expect to lose several pounds and inches during the first month.
Every plan is based on a specified service level.
- The basic level begins the first month with the program and access to portion controlled meals, online trackers and tools.
- The core level consists of the program, receiving portion controlled meals, diet counselors and online tools.
- You can have your own unique plan that meets your needs. Read the full list
While on the Nutrisystem diet calorie counts are adjusted during the program. Dieters consume an estimated 1000 calories each day during the first week of the program. This helps people kick-start their weight loss. Greater results of weight loss may be observed within the first week. Losing weight at the early stages of a diet program can make it easier for you to stick to the program on a long-term basis.
- Low calorie count is restricted to the first week. After seven days, men typically consume 1,500 calories while women consume 1,200 calories.
- Depending on how much weight you want to lose, you can adjust your meal plan and include an appropriate number of calories per day. This is essential for promoting stable weight loss for the duration of the program.
- The Nutrisystem program is low-glycemic with 50% of the calorie intake being derived from carbohydrates and the rest from protein and fat.
Costs are ultimately determined by the plan you choose and prices include the meals that are consumed each month. Women are usually given three meals and a snack per day while men have three meals and two snacks per day. You need to consider the cost of extra groceries like fruits and vegetables that will supplement your diet.
You will be consuming breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack each week. It is advisable to add healthy extras and fresh vegetables to your meals in order to increase nutrition. Useful shopping lists are available online to make it easier for you to select the best food items.