What To Know About Tray-Type Deaerators?

What To Know About Tray-Type Deaerators?

Deaerators are useful companions to boilers because they remove the trapped air and contaminants from the water before those things can build up in or pit the boiler. Boilers are used to power all types of industries as well as heat many large buildings. The larger your system, the bigger of a feed water tank and deaerator you are likely to need.

Tray-Type Deaerators

Where To Get Them?

Since deaerators can come in many different sizes, it is possible to find one that meets your needs with a little research. You can find the units themselves alongside replacement tray valves and other parts from manufacturers online. The easiest way to find the units and parts you need is to find a reliable company and then browse their selection for the specifications of your system.

What Do They Do?

A tray-type deaerator is also called a cascade-type and is a vertically domed deaerator over a horizontal cylindrical vessel which is the feed water storage tank. The water enters through the top and goes through perforated trays to the storage tank below and then is pumped to the boiler. This is in contrast to a spray-type in which the deaeration section is the same as the feed water storage section.

Why Do You Need One?

Deaerators take suspended oxygen out of feed water. This can reduce the amount of rust and other particulates from clogging or breaking your system. Oxygen gas, if left in the feed water, will react with the metal parts of your boiler creating rust and eventually eating holes into the system. With the right tray-type or spray-type unit, you can extend the life of your boilers significantly.

Whether you need a tray-type or a spray-type deaerator, knowing where to find the units themselves as well as replacement parts can help you get the most life out of your boiler. These units are designed to remove suspended oxygen from your boiler feed water and reduce the amount of rust build-up in your system.